Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Getting My Tickets At the Vatican To See Pope Ben

So yesterday after class, Michelle, Kate's friend who is visiting, and I went on an adventure to get tickets to go see the Pope for today's Papal Audience. We ended up getting on the wrong bus and going to the outskirts of Roma more or less! There will be a picture!

We worked our way back to the Vatican City and finally found what we needed! Walking into the square and standing in a short line and going through security we finally got inside to get the tickets. They are only available at the Bronze doors from those lovely Swiss guards!

Got my tickets and we headed back to Trastevere. Then made some dinner and headed out on the picture adventure that sort of failed!

Check 'em out!!

On my way to get tickets!! 

Only one person from each party is allowed at a time up to the Bronze doors!

Waiting my turn! 

Love standing there waiting my turn! 

Oh those Swiss Guards just get ya every time! 

He's getting my tickets now! 

Official ticket holder! 

Holy water fountain! 


Yes, I did drink the Holy Water! 

Doors of the Jubliee...they only open every 100  years I think it is, but the next time is 2025. If you walk through them when they are opened all sins are forgiven! Guess I better start saving now for my next trip back! Hope it will be before then though! 

Some neat lighting in the Basilica


Walking up for the evening prayer service. 


Inside the treasury. Every time we go to the Basilica we find something new! 


Hope some of you got your postcards from here! 

Thanks for sending these Mom! Did my last loads of laundry with these since we ran  out of soap just the other day! 

Inside the Ducati Cafe! 

Tickets! 


No comments:

Post a Comment