Monday, June 13, 2011

Another Normal Monday

So at the moment I should most likely be doing homework or studying or laundry or something else on my list of things to do but wait...I am in Rome and its summer time!!

Just had to share some interesting things/experiences from today that don't normally take place in Roma! First off class was normal this morning. Went and climbed up the 232 stairs (yes we counted) on our way to school, then 82 more to the top floor of the building! Sat through class, and did some listening and discussing throughout both marketing and Italian class!

Afterwards I had some time to kill so I came home, got laundry done then set out on a wander. I wasn't really sure where to go or what to do! This week we have a schedule set of the places we want to revisit for our last little bit in Roma, and will be getting on those adventures! But anyways my adventures took me just down the road into Argentina, which is a local square where we often meet and head to certain places. It's good and central!

On my way back from there I saw two unique things. One of which was a monk on rollerblades! Wish that I was quick enough with my camera and could have gotten pictures! Shortly after seeing this and once the shock factor wore off I passed a man with two little dogs. He was begging for money and we saw him the other day! We didn't want to give him money but today when I passed him the one dog had four little puppies! Oh my gosh! They were so cute! I want to find a place to buy dog food for the mamma!

But anyways, enough emotional drama there! When I got back to the apartment I met up with Kate and Maura's friend Dan who is visiting Roma for a few days. The other roomies including Maura were at a cooking class so Kate and I took Dan to dinner! He at the end of his backpacking for 6 weeks through Europe adventure and definitely was ready for some pasta!

We wandered around for a bit and the shops/market down by the river is getting set up. It's so beautiful down there and so much fun! I can't wait to go back there more this weekend! Finally we decided that none of the restaurants down there were fitting our appetites so we took Dan to our favorite little pasta place in Argentina.  On our way there we got stopped in traffic for some sort of procession! We didn't find out what it was until we asked our waiter after our yummy dinner! He said some sort of political thing must have been happening since we are in an election period!

Definitely had one of the best dinners yet! They seem to be getting even more delicious! It was spaghetti with garlic, oil, some spices and spicy flakes! Molto Bene!!!! Just had to share the experiences of the day! Ciao for tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment