Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Home sweet home...for the next few weeks!

Hey everyone! 

I finally made here! It is hot and humid (at least compared to what I am used to!) Getting out of the States was quite the task last night! We all got boarded on the plane, and were ready to leave. As we were taxiing out to the runway we kept passing lots of other planes, and soon the captain came over the loud speaker to say that all of those planes (about 25) were ahead of us in line for takeoff! We definitely waited our fair share to get out of town! I settled into the flight just fine. We had some chicken dinner. Nothing like eating food that was precooked! Mom you would have been proud of me eating without being very picky! Then I settled down to see if I could sleep and watched a few movies. The woman sitting next to me was a flight attendant for Delta, from Rome, so it was fun to hear her converse with the Italian flight attendants. I am way excited to learn this language! It's so fun to speak! Already going to be a challenge but I can't wait!

Before I knew it, the sun was coming up and we were approaching the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Flying over part of France, and over some islands. Not really sure which ones, but the either way the flight went much faster than I thought it would! 

Once we got to the airport we had to wait for some of the other students to arrive. So far, I am the only student from west of the Mississippi! I got asked if Montana was by Georgia this morning by two girls who are from New Jersey! It made me laugh!! Then a short ride in a van with some of the girls to my flat. I posted some pictures below to show you all where I will be calling home for the next few weeks! 

There are six of us girls living here in my flat! It will be fun to get to know them all!! We all have had fun already getting to know each others interests. It's been great! Most of the girls are from a school in Maryland. The flat is a lot bigger than we all thought it would be so that is good! Oh, kind of a funny thought but the locks on our door are crazy! There are so many of them!! 

We went to find some good lunch food and just walked a couple of blocks from our flat to a pizzaria. And as you could imagine it was delicious!! Enough food for dinner tonight too!! 


I have orientation tomorrow morning, which involves a short bus/train ride to the school!! 

Enjoy the pictures! I miss you all so much already! Hopefully I will be able to post something everyday!!

Flying over the ocean! 
Just some site seeing on our way back from lunch.

My room and bed! 


The living room with Chelsea hanging out!

Not sure how well cooking will go considering we have to light the stove ourselves!

The entry way!

Our bathroom!

To the right out the porch from my room.

To the left of my room. 
Also...leaving the airport we apparently passed a statue of Leonardo Da Vinci! Missed that one! I was looking the other way or something! Ciao for now!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sister! I so wanted to pick the phone up and call you this morning like I do every other morning! I'll just have to get up a few minutes earlier and email or post here!
    I have tears in my eyes as I look at the pictures! I love this experience for you. You are taking the next huge step of life and I know you will fall in love with Europe! You and I are so much alike. I secretly want to sell everything, move there and live a different, simple life, yet take those I love with me! One request.... miss us, yet have the time of your life. We all will always be here when you come back so adventure to the fullest! Love you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! I have to ask where in Maryland, what school? Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,

    They are from the Baltimore area. And go to Towson? Or maybe Tawson? It made me think of you!!

    ReplyDelete