Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Fun

Happy Friday everyone!

Today was just a typical day. Didn't have any crazy adventures out to the Colosseum or run into anything cool. We walked to class, bought some textbooks and came home. Took a nap this afternoon! Mom- I got your card today! Thanks so much!

Our walk to class is up plenty of stairs. This town has so many of them! But it will definitely be a good workout each morning and a good way to get the creative juices flowing for class! Some fresh air never hurt anyone right?!

The pictures are from the view this morning just outside of the windows in my third floor classroom that I start out every day. Now that we are getting more into the swing of things with classes, they are definitely going to keep me busy working hard on them!

Last night we went to an American bar for a while called the Drunken Ship in Campo de'Fiori which is a popular tourist piazza. The bar is owned and managed by Americans so it was sort of like being at home. Tonight will be interesting to see what Italian fun we get ourselves into!

Tomorrow it is off to do some tourist exploring! My roommate Kate and I are going to get acquainted with the Roman Forum, Colosseum, Pantheon and whatever we happen to see in between. Sunday we are planning to tour the Vatican on our own. Thursday is a national holiday so we booked guided tours. Everyone says you can't  get enough of Rome so we are going to make the best of it!

Hope all is well at home with the flooding and such! I am thinking about you all often as it is in the 80s here everyday! My roommates are from the east coast and used to it being humid. Going from snow to warm weather has been quite the body shock! But I love it!! As I am sitting here writing this and listening to XL Country Kate brought me a bite of fresh mozzarella and it was AMAZING! Wow I am finding new things everyday that I love and don't know what I will do when I get back to the states! Ha

To the left out the window....

To the right...

 To the left again...campus is on the grounds of a  monestari. The architecture is gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment