Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Day of School...Not Your Average Learning Experience

Today was the first day of classes. We started the day off at the small cafe just below our flat with some Cappuccinos and a croissant. The people who work there are very patient with us crazy American's who don't know any Italian. But we are getting better everyday!

The professors are great so far! I start my mornings off with Marketing 305 "New Product Development and Management". It's a great class and the professor is hilarious! Always good to have an engaging professor early in the morning and when the classroom starts to get hot. My view out my classroom window is amazing! One of these days I will sneak up there and take a picture of the views! I have already had lots of crazy looks for being the crazy American that takes pictures of EVERYTHING! When I say everything, it's literally all sorts of random stuff! But anyways, we will have a quiz tomorrow and that is the only Friday class all term!

My other class is Italian Language and Culture. Already I am learning things that I can actually use when speaking! It's such a great language! Very fun to listen too.

I did some exploring while my roommates were in class. It's great to see all of the small boutiques that are just everywhere. The wine shops aren't too bad either!! Around every corner is a new site to see. The buildings are so colorful!! If only America could take a lesson from the Italians in architecture! After they got out of class we all decided to go grocery shopping! Never thought it could be such a funny thing. But then again learning any sort of new culture is always a task!

Hope you all are enjoying this and that all is well at home despite the flooding for my Montana people! Don't float away before I get back!

Off to cook our first meal tonight! Should be delicious no matter what! Ciao!

P.S. Mom, while grocery shopping I found Honey Nut Cheerios. The only kind of Cheerios they had. I'm starting to think Italia and I were meant for each other! I bought them just for that staple in my diet!

If only MT grew flowers like this! And behind is an Orange Tree. These are on campus in the Garden area. 

The two main school buildings. 

The supermarkets are underground! Very different! 

Lauren...this is for you! They even have boxed wine in Italia!

And for those of my Vino friends...I am in heaven! So many choices!

And I found the other part of heaven at the grocery store...the Pasta aisle!



1 comment: